Wednesday

Final POSTER and WEBSITE

POSTER

Above is an image of my complete final poster, personally I felt it was successful and adopts some of the codes and conventions found on existing posters in the media to date. I think it's simple layout contributes to is proffessionalism and although its target audience is teenage based it doesnt seclude any other age group or social group, but the selling line helps to address an audience that favour rom- coms. I addressed the actors who participated in our teaser, including their names at the top of the poster, and you can find the main actors on the outside- by adressing the actors in order to conform to codes and conventions. Secondly, I included a film title and tag line, both fonts used look professional and fit the romantic category which Is why I used the colour red as its more often than not associated with love. The tag line informs the audience of the contreversial story line, that the audience should then question, and aims to entice the viewer. No film poster would be complete without a billing box, in this my aim was to address who in the group completed what tasks. The main image doesnt give to much of the story away but hints at romantic elements, introducing the two main characters. It also includes a release date and age rating of 12A- suggesting adult content and light humour, all legal requirments and stating information viewers want to know.
However If I was to do It again i would include the website address, with emphasis on media convergence and I also would have produced more than one poster to have more of a choice but also for bus stops or bus advertisments in order to further advertisement.


WEBSITE

To add the fluidity of my products, I used the same house colours as my poster when creating my website, this then establishes a sense of identity for my film. I also included the same font types and image to avoid confusion, however I have repositioned certain texts and split and added a smudge affect to my image, which was influenced by a poster I reasearched. And to me looks rather professional. It directly addresses the main actors/ actresses and also offers a competition. The billing box and release date are located at the bottom of the page which to is true to life, however this particular image is missing the copyright logo. Given more time I would have created links and extra pages for the website such as images, or a page which tells the story line. The page also offers the chance to visit other social networking sites such as facebook and twitter- these icons are more often then not always found on any website thats aimed for promotion. This increases the publicity and contributes to media convergence.
The black box in the centre of the page is where my teaser trailer shall be embeded.

No comments: