Tuesday

Front Cover - Complete

1)
2)

Image one is my final and complete copy of my magazines front cover.
Like a lot of magazines my magazine includes; a masthead, cover lines, explanitory text, a barcode, price line, slug line, date line, as well a medium shot image.
Although my masthead in the second image looks sharp and professional i did not feel it reflected the urban style of my magazine. Therefore using 1001freefonts.com i downloaded a text name 'Whoa!'and used this as my masthead font. My masthead continues the colour scheme of my front cover aswell as contents page and my double page spread, using the colours grey and yellow. This font type looked almost like graffiti commonly associated with rap artists, to expand on this idea using the brush tool on adobe photoshop i placed the odd mark in order to make the effect of dripping paint. Standard frontcovers usually only include 3 font types, which i then adopted into my front cover. For the masthead i used Whoa- 1001freefonts.com, for the date line, coverlines and explanitory text i used FargoFaro- 1001freefonts.com and to promote my artist in my exclusive interview i used my selected signature font Outlaw- dafont.com.
From my research of front cover images, the magazine Vibe i analysed had a simple, clean cut lay out which then influenced my chosen layout. I centred the image of my model, which i used the magnetic lasoo in photoshop to remove him from an existing image and placed him on a washed background. I then sorrounded his figure with my coverlines and explanitory text. Some of the coverlines were pull quotes and others
were promoting featured articles, through these it enabled me to include both formal and informal language- relevent and commonly used amongst stereotypical Hip- Hop and R&B listeners as well as to my target audience.
The date line can be clearly seen underneath the masthead and as can the slug line be found above the masthead. The barcode can be found at the bottom right hand corner of the page, and slightly above it the priceline, both clear and easy to find. Therefore i think my front cover develops standard forms and conventions of
regular media products.

No comments: