Monday

Evalution- first draft

Evaluation for Preliminary Task
In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
When creating my front cover I wanted to include forms and conventions used in existing media products, such as the masthead, but I also attempted to subvert original ideas of presentations for magazines to. Typical school magazines or male/female magazines are eye catching and use bold, bright coloured text in order to entice the target audience; they also include kickers and explanatory text to promote and allow the reader to gain an insight into the editorial content. However as the task set is to create a school magazine I chose to keep my front cover neat and simple, similar to that of a school prospectus. I also chose to use colour schemes relevant to the college I attend, using a bottle green as the background colour and a golden yellow for the texts colour. I centred my image and lined it with the text to make it appear more professionally presentable. I chose this particular image as it challenged the presentation of front cover, but linked to the caption ‘A chance to excel....’ my aim was to entice the reader and promote the fun side to Marylebone. I am yet to include to kickers and explanatory text to introduce featured articles, but by doing so I have challenged original standard conventions of existing media products, as most regular magazines contain 5 minimum. However I have continued the use of a plain background to add to my professionalism. Although my front cover appears formal my mode of address is informal as it is aimed at pupils and parents. Standard magazines use three-four different texts, however I have only chosen to use two as I feel it would be to messy and wouldn’t continue my formal presentation. I have deliberately chosen not to include a bar code as it’s a magazine purposely designed for students and therefore wouldn’t have to purchase it. Therefore I feel my magazine cover challenges forms and conventions of real media products in numerous ways.
My contents page continues the professional presentation and uses standard conventions and forms present in other contents pages

1 comment:

Mr Lau said...

This is incomplete. Please ensure all questions are completed.

Your questionnaire analysis and music magazine cover analysis will also need to be uploaded.